Self-Care Ideas: Come On, Treat Yourself!Claire Harrington | October 24, 2018 | 0 | Advertising & Marketing
We are too busy. We are swamped. We are grinding to achieve our goals. These are valid, nonetheless, tired excuses for not caring ourselves. However, what does self-care even mean? Does it include getting a massage Ipswich QLD offers?
In this article, we will explore what self-care really means. There are also a few suggestions on how to practice self-care.
What is self-care?
Self-care is not just a temporary relief from a hectic week. It’s a long-term commitment to taking care of yourself. Of course, self-care has many forms. Nevertheless, one must remember that it’s not a short-term practice.
You are committing self-care when you…
- …make healthy choices in food, drinks, and even grooming products.
- …treat yourself occasionally without feeling guilty.
- …set limits to yourself.
- …recognize your symptoms, stressors, and triggers.
- …self-monitor and self-manage yourself.
As you can observe, the core of self-care is awareness. It’s also about being kind to yourself. You should be able to do something you want without punishing yourself.
Here are a few self-care ideas.
1. Relieve your muscles: Get an Ipswich QLD massage.
We all know how good a massage feels. But do you know what it really does to your body? It’s quite amazing, actually.
When you get a massage in Ipswich QLD, you…
- …enhance your posture.
- …gain more joint mobility.
- …release the tension or “knots” in your muscles.
- …improve your immune system.
See? So many underrated benefits. So, the next time you get a massage Ipswich QLD offers, you won’t be too guilty of having one.
2. Groom yourself: Get an earwax cleaning.
Most people think twice when getting earwax cleaning. Probably because their ENT doctor told them the importance of maintaining a normal amount of earwax. Yet, professional earwax cleaning has its benefits, too.
- Too much earwax clogs the ear canal, weakening its function.
- You will get foreign substances out (cotton swab fibres, gunk, and dirt).
- Your hearing will instantly improve.
If you your ear has an unhealthy wax build-up, you should get it cleaned by a pro.
3. Give yourself a glow: Get a spray tan.
A glowing, sun-kissed skin will always turn heads wherever. It gives off that healthy, young, and energetic vibe. It helps you boosts your confidence. That’s why spray tan and spray tan clothes are in demand these days.
Moreover, there are other benefits of getting a spray tan.
- It won’t give the harmful risks of tanning beds.
- There are no UV rays from the sun.
- The coverage is streak-free.
- You can pick your own shade of tan.
To be extra safe, you can buy spray tan clothes after the procedure.
4. Shop occasionally! Don’t be guilty.
Who knew that shopping had health benefits? Now, this should not be an excuse to splurge. But anyone shouldn’t really be guilty if they spend time shopping.
For instance, if you really want to buy that trendy plus size clothing, well you probably should. Shopping, according to research…
- …enhances your mood.
- …relieves stress.
- …contributes to weight management.
- …helps people live longer.
Awesome, right? Now you can go ahead and get that trendy plus size clothing you’ve been eyeing for some time now.
5. Relax. Breathe. Unplug yourself.
We are finally in an era where social media detox is a real thing. And apparently, it has real benefits. Social media detox is when you unplug yourself. You either delete your social media apps or go to a place with no internet connection.
Here are the benefits of a successful social media detox.
- Your mood will definitely improve.
- You will stop being competitive.
- You can focus on enhancing your creativity.
- People will start to miss you.
- You can learn how to live in the moment.
Remember, your best investment is yourself. Treat yourself occasionally and your future self will be grateful to you.
Now, are you suffering from a back pain? Get a massage Ipswich QLD offers right now.
Relieve your lower back from the pain of sitting for hours. If you want to find massage Ipswich QLD has to recommend, try checking out massage places like AP Therapies. They have a range of services from back massages to Reiki healing.
Browse their solutions here: http://www.aptherapies.com.au/